Greetings from Bangor, Maine! It’s been a while since I posted anything; today’s been my first chance to write in a long time.
This semester has been crazy: 3 classes with heavier than usual workloads, a part time job, plus gigs and rehearsals most nights of the week. I made it through, but I feel like I could sleep for a week. I haven’t even had a chance to relax since the semester finished, because I left for tour with Shtreiml the day after my last assignment was handed in.
I only have one semester left in my MLIS degree, and even though I’ve enjoyed the program overall, and learned tons, I’m really looking forward to finishing, for many reasons. Here are a few:
Top 5 things I’m looking forward to after finishing my MLIS degree:
- No longer hemorrhaging money.
- Having time to write music and practice.
- Being able to socialize with friends.
- Getting a library job, allowing me to finally pay off some of the dauntingly large debt I’ve accumulated over the last few years.
- Getting active again and hopefully rid of some (or all) of the extra weight I’ve put on over the course of the degree.
Thinking a little more short term, I’m really looking forward to having a couple weeks off between this tour and the start of the next semester. I really want to spend some quiet time at home and with friends, relaxing, watching movies, reading, and cooking.
But first, there are a few dates left in my calendar, including this tour: tonight in Bangor, tomorrow in Boston, Monday off in NYC, and Tuesday night in NYC. After that, the Key-Lites are playing a Christmas party at the Calistoga Grill on the West Island on the 19th, and I’m playing with the Jason Rosenblatt Quartet at Upstairs on the 21st.